- Chemicals & Materials
- Consumer & Retail
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial Services
- Machinery & Industry
- Technology & Software
- Telecommunications, Internet & Media
- Transport, Logistics & Travel
Oil & Gas
Simon-Kucher & Partners are experts in reviewing and revising overall business models and corresponding organizational structures of oil and gas enterprises, including M&A processes.
Another focus of our project work lies in designing the sales channel mix downstream (e.g. evaluating the retail network) and developing pricing strategies and models to improve margin steering. Based on this, and other instruments of customer loyalty (e.g. loyalty cards), we design bonus models for commodity products and develop pricing strategies of non-fuel articles in the retail business.
The oil and gas industry faces numerous challenges. In Upstream, the search for economically accessible sources is demanding continually increasing investment. In Downstream, significant shifts in demand are expected going forward. Consequently, in most highly industrialized countries the usage of fossil fuels is increasingly regulated in favor of renewable alternatives such as sun, wind and hydro power.
Moreover, the opportunities in the emerging markets form an attractive growth proposition.
Based on this, reviewing business models, developing sales channel strategies and dynamic pricing strategies are becoming increasingly more important in order to get an edge in these highly competitive markets.
- Review and revise the business model upstream
- Optimize the structure in M&A processes
- Conduct performance evaluation of the petrol station network
- Revise the sales channel mix
- Develop dynamic price models
- Introduce and optimize loyalty cards
- Develop pricing of core products in the non-fuel business
- Optimize prices of single items
- Train sales force in value selling
- Bayerngas BP/Aral
- Castrol Liquigas
- Orlen RWE-DEA
- Shell Tank & Rast