- Chemicals & Materials
- Consumer & Retail
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial Services
- Machinery & Industry
- Technology & Software
- Telecommunications, Internet & Media
- Transport, Logistics & Travel
Simon-Kucher & Partners’ experts have successfully conducted over 150 projects for telecommunications providers. In the US, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, Australia and Latin America, we have effectively advised clients in the areas of offer portfolios, pricing, sales, marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and branding. In working with these clients, we have helped them achieve profit improvements of one to four percentage points. For some, even an increase of nine percentage points was possible.
The telecommunications industry is at a crossroads: After years of taking an offensive position in sales and pricing, pure commodity business is threatening to disrupt it all. For decades now, the industry has been selling minutes, messages and megabytes. Despite almost complete market saturation, price wars keep being waged and most players have missed their chance to launch sustainable pricing for new services such as data. Telecommunications services have been pushed to the back burner; today, end devices and applications are the darlings of customers.
Another sector of the telecommunications industry experiencing significant price pressure compounded by subscriber loss is the cable operators. With subscribers increasingly abandoning cable and other alternative pay TV outlets, cable operators must examine their offerings and ask how to proceed knowing that rate increases might not be sustainable.
Together with several industry pioneers, we have been discussing disruptive changes in the go-to-market approach (offer, pricing and sales). Yet the majority of companies still must decide: Either they focus on their core business and thereby on developing more cost-efficient network solutions, or they muster the courage to use innovative marketing and pricing strategies in the market. The second option clearly offers more opportunities, as hardly any industry nowadays is capable of creating services that no one can do without.
- Portfolio and pricing optimization to generate quick wins
- Pricing excellence initiatives for telecommunications groups
- Strategic budget allocation for marketing and sales expenditures
- Developing innovative offer structures that go beyond minutes and megabytes
- Up-selling and migrating existing customers to increase their value
- Sales optimization of business customer channels
- Introducing third-party brands and no-frills offers
- Converging offer structures to gain customer loyalty and increase revenue
- Go-to-market strategies for innovative B2B & B2C offers
- Charter Communications
- Level 3
- Liberty Global (Unitymedia)