At the intersection of the healthcare and consumer goods sectors, Consumer Healthcare (CHC) is a dynamic industry that attracts global players and specialised, mid-sized companies alike. The industry enjoys growing revenues and healthy margins, but significant changes are currently underway concerning channel landscape, digitalisation, price transparency, customer consolidation, and management of international key accounts, among other aspects.
Simon-Kucher’s broad, long-standing expertise in global healthcare and the fast-moving consumer goods sector provides our Consumer Healthcare team proven methodologies, tools, and project approaches to develop innovative, customised solutions for our clients. We cover the entire CHC value chain, from manufacturers via wholesalers and pharmacies/retail chains to the consumer including the medical service industry (e.g. home health providers and private clinics).
Our team has worked on projects around the world and we have offices in over 20 countries. Our international presence allows us to provide both global power and local expertise to face the specific challenges unique to each geographic location (e.g. competitive environment, distribution landscape, and market regulations).
We have the industry knowledge and the experience to help consumer healthcare companies and healthcare service providers meet their business challenges, identify commercial opportunities, and drive profitable growth.
Our projects cover a wide range of topics:
- Internationalisation strategy
- Brand development strategy
- Digitalisation strategy
- Loss of exclusivity (LOE) strategy, including switching Rx products to OTC
- Value communication
- Brand positioning
- Marketing and promotion efficiency
- Customer targeting and segmentation
- Net revenue management/trade terms
- Structured portfolio pricing
- Price increase campaigns
- International price management and governance
- Route to market and multi-channel management
- Value communication and sales support tools
- Sales effectiveness
- Large deal negotiations and key account management
Consumer Healthcare Experts
Success StoriesSee all success stories
October 07, 2016
October 07, 2016
November 22, 2016
September 13, 2017
September 06, 2018
December 05, 2016
February 27, 2017