- Leading Canadian retail bank
- $24bn (2015)
- $856bn (2015)
Situation and Objectives
- Define a value-based mortgage product and pricing strategy to better compete in an oligopolistic market
- Introduce digital value selling to shift and standardize sales conversations away from price negotiation
- Introduce precision pricing
Product and Pricing Outcome
- After the recommendations were launched, the results showed an improvement of ~8-10 bps in net interest income.
- The cultural shift to value selling by frontline sales took hold with the assistance of a value selling communication tool, as well as a discretion guidance interface to help navigate the negotiation conversation.
- 8-10 bps in net interest income
- De-commoditized product portfolio
- First in the market for digital value selling