Escaping the Commodity Trap – How to get the Value You Deserve
The 5th Houston Strategy & Pricing Forum is an annual event for executives involved in developing growth strategies for their companies. Its objective is to share innovative practices on commercial excellence and strategic price management that help grow profits in challenging market environments. It is an exclusive opportunity to network and exchange ideas with thought leaders from leading companies across industries.
About this edition:
Executives in commoditized industries often feel that “the market determines the price.” They believe that there is little that can be done to improve their ability to capture value through better pricing. Frequently, even companies that provide specialized products and services fall into this “commodity trap,” particularly when their customers belong to commoditized industries. For example, Houston’s highly specialized suppliers in the Oil & Gas industry often tie their own pricing to the ups and downs of the price of crude.
Those companies are still struggling with implementing a value-based pricing approach although Value Pricing has been a boardroom topic for decades. It is time to reboot your thinking about Value Creation and Commoditization – join our forum and press the reset button!
At the 5th Annual Houston Strategy & Pricing Forum, we will
- Share insights on how to avoid the commodity trap and successfully implement a Value Pricing approach that actually works.
- Present how to think about “willingness-to-pay” in complex industries and avoid a “one-size fits all” approach to pricing.
- Share why choosing the right pricing metric can become a game changer that creates significant competitive advantages.
- Share commercial strategies and tactics that have helped companies in commoditized industries to add millions to their bottom line.
Speakers & Topics:
- Understanding True Value-to-Customer and Driving Change in Sales Execution
Lynn Guinn, Global Strategic Pricing Leader, Commercial Excellence COE, Food Ingredients & Bio-Industrial (FIBI), Cargill
- Pricing for Commodities and the Role of the CEO
Andreas Mader, CEO and President, H.C. Starck
- Value Pricing in Oil & Gas – Using Big (and Small) Data to Drive Decisions
Wolfgang von der Rosen, Marketing & Pricing Manager - Valves and Process Systems, Cameron, a Schlumberger Company
- Strategies and Tactics to Avoid the Commodity Trap
Mark Billige, CEO (elect), Managing Partner UK, Simon-Kucher & Partners
- Innovative Pricing Models to Create Competitive Advantages
Joshua Bloom, Managing Partner Mountain View, Global Head of Software, Internet, Media, Simon-Kucher & Partners
- Getting the Value You Deserve in Commoditized Industries
Philip W. Daus, Managing Partner Houston, Simon-Kucher & Partners
- Monetizing Digitalization: Holy Grail for Commoditized Industries?
Sara Yamase, Senior Director, Simon-Kucher & Partners
- Sample titles: CXO, President, Owner, EVP, SVP, VP, Director
- Functional areas: Leadership, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Strategy
- Industries: O&G, industrials, machinery, manufacturing, chemicals, B2B services, software, private equity, others
- Executive leadership and senior management, who are involved in developing growth strategies for their companies across industries.
Why you should attend:
Exclusive access to learn from industry experts about the latest trends in go-to-market and growth strategies as well as commercial and pricing excellence. Network with other leading industry professionals and share best practices.
As in previous years, Simon-Kucher & Partners will donate all proceeds from this event to the Houston Foodbank. Each registration will provide more than 1500 nutritious meals and hope to hungry children, families and seniors in our community.
In past editions, more than 100 executives from companies such as Air Liquide, BHGE, BNSF, Cabot, Cameron, Cemex, Core Laboratories, Dell, Dow, Ecolab, Emerson, GE, Halliburton, Haltermann, Hewlett Packard, Lennox, MSI, Nabors, Nalco Champion, NCI, NOV, OFS International, Rice University, Rio Tinto, Schlumberger, Siemens, Solvay, Sprint, Sysco, TechnipFMC, The Sterling Group, University of Houston, Val Verde, Vallourec, Vinmar, Wacker, and Weir participated.
Location: Marriott Marquis Houston - 1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time:12:00 pm - 5:30 pm