Simon-Kucher advises the world’s leading chemical companies on strategic and tactical pricing issues. Our chemical industry team works with clients on setting targets ("value before volume" strategies), pricing new products and innovations, pricing differentiation strategies and introducing service price lists ("extra for the extra").
We develop concepts and tools to control pricing processes and make changes in sales and marketing activities. We help clients develop pricing strategies that factor in their raw material costs, as well as devise value pricing initiatives. Our team of pricing professionals has experience from more than 150 pricing projects in the chemicals sector and many other projects in downstream industries.
Capacity utilization and innovation were once the keys to managing costs, volumes and profit in the chemical industry. But today, volatile input costs and brutal competition have given pricing a bigger role in top and bottom-line results. Simon-Kucher develops customer-specific pricing solutions, as well as price and margin improvement programs.
Our projects for chemical industry clients include:
- Price strategies in contested markets
- Strategic value-based price positioning and price optimization along the value chain
- Price increase initiatives
- Price forecasting
- Price incentive optimization in sales compensation schemes
- Global pricing process re-design and training programs
- Price coaching and training of management and sales force
- Commercial excellence and pricing excellence programs
September 11, 2020
February 18, 2020
November 20, 2019
November 07, 2019
March 12, 2019
May 18, 2018
May 08, 2018
September 05, 2017
November 22, 2016
September 27, 2016