The New Normal for the Restaurant Industry: How eating habits change in a post-COVID-19 world
The COVID-19 pandemic has redefined the consumer-restaurant dynamic under stay-at-home restrictions. As states ease these restrictions, the path to a New Normal is beginning to take shape. In order to succeed coming out of the pandemic, restaurants need to understand whether consumers will return to old behaviors or if habits formed during the pandemic will persist. Join Simon-Kucher & Partners North American Restaurants Practice leadership, as it shares its perspective on the New Normal based on a recent, 600+ respondent post-COVID consumer sentiment study conducted in partnership with Lucid.
Specific areas of discussion include:
- Eating preferences: How often do consumers plan to eat out, where will they go, and how will their choices change?
- Order experience: How have consumer ordering habits shifted during the pandemic, what habits will stick, and how do digital options affect consumer expectations of restaurants?
- Pick-up experience: How do consumer expectations of the takeaway experience change and how should restaurants evaluate drive-thru, in-store pick-up, and curbside options?
- Delivery: What is the role of 3rd party delivery apps vs in-house delivery and what implications does this have on who you partner with to optimize your delivery reach?
- Strategic recommendations for your brand: How should you account for the New Normal in your marketing and channel strategies?
If you have any questions, please contact Webinars@simon-kucher.com.