Andy is a partner in Simon-Kucher's Life Sciences division, working out of the San Francisco office. He previously worked out of the US headquarters in Boston, US, and global headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
Andy's primary areas of focus include:
- US pricing and contracting strategies for managed markets (e.g. commercial, Medicare and Medicaid and CHIP payer channels, hospital inpatient and outpatient channels)
- US payer account negotiation strategy and training
- Marketing strategies, including customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning
- Payer value story development and value communication strategies
- Customer-driven product and trial design strategies
- Market potential assessments and due diligence
- Global value, pricing, and access strategies for new and existing products
Andy has worked across a range of specialty and primary care therapeutic areas, including allergy and immunology, infectious diseases, neurology, oncology, orphan indications, and cell and gene therapy.
His previous clients include a number of the top-25 pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical technology companies and small- to mid-cap life sciences companies.
His project experience covers regions from the Americas to Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Andy earned his MSc and BSc in biomedical engineering from Northwestern University and worked in product development and program management in the neurosurgery, radiation therapy and image-guided surgery division at a mid-cap medtech.