Mark is a partner in Simon-Kucher’s Life Sciences division. He joined the company in 2011 and is based in the Boston office but started his career in the headquarters located in Bonn, Germany.
Mark’s primary areas of focus include:
- Early commercial and market access planning
- Global pricing and market access (P&MA) strategies, focusing on pharmaceuticals within oncology and orphan and specialty disease areas
- Clinical Phase III trial design optimization to support P&MA
- Payer and insurance negotiation strategies
- Global lifecycle management and contracting strategies
- Loss of exclusivity strategies
Mark has a deep understanding of both US and EU markets as a result of his time spent in Bonn, Germany (2011 to 2016), and Boston, US (2016 to present). He has worked on over 250 multinational projects for leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and has extensive knowledge of both US and global pricing, market access, and commercial strategy.
Mark studied business engineering at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany. He received his degree (“Diplom,” which is equivalent to an MSc/MBA) in 2011.