Andy is Head of the San Francisco office and a partner in Simon-Kucher's Life Sciences division. He previously worked out of the US headquarters in Boston, US, and global headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
Andy's primary areas of focus include:
- US pricing and contracting strategies for managed markets (e.g. commercial, Medicare and Medicaid and CHIP payer channels, hospital inpatient and outpatient channels)
- US payer account negotiation strategy and training
- Marketing strategies, including customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning
- Payer value story development and value communication strategies
- Customer-driven product and trial design strategies
- Market potential assessments and due diligence
- Global value, pricing, and access strategies for new and existing products
Andy has worked across a range of specialty and primary care therapeutic areas, including allergy and immunology, infectious diseases, neurology, oncology, orphan indications, and cell and gene therapy.
His previous clients include a number of the top-25 pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical technology companies and small- to mid-cap life sciences companies.
His project experience covers regions from the Americas to Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Andy earned his MSc and BSc in biomedical engineering from Northwestern University and worked in product development and program management in the neurosurgery, radiation therapy and image-guided surgery division at a mid-cap medtech.